Monday, January 30, 2012

perseverance

this morning at spin class I saw a little cartoon on the door. it was the definition of perseverance.

I can't remember exactly how it was worded (I was spinning...there was limited oxygen), but I do remember the little cartoon character and his thoughts...

perseverance is when I work hard and don't quit until the task is finished.

perseverence is when I keep going and don't give up.

since then I've found a few more.

PERSEVERENCE

...continued steady belief or efforts, withstanding discouragement or difficulty; persistence

...the courage to ignore the "obvious wisdom" of turning back

... implies the resolute and unyielding holding on in following a course of action

...a dogged and determined holding on

...the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did



(love this cartoon)


I think this is what I needed to hear/read today. and just in case you did, too, there ya go.


anddd...this is not a health tip, but a humorous health class discussion:

professor: I think we should tax people for every pound overweight they are.

*students eyes wide*

student 1: what if they have a problem with their pituitary gland or something??

professor: do you know how many people actually have a problem like that? like...1 percent! want proof? look at the concentration camps. did you see any overweight people in there??

student 2 (under her breath): is she suggesting we send obese people to concentration camp?






2 comments:

jenna said...

First of all, sometimes I wish I was in your health classes! That conversation = hilarious.

Secondly, every time we find ourselves on that side of the spin room, I find myself concentrating on that perseverance poster. I think that side of the room is my favorite. Perhaps a permanent switch? :)

ashley said...

Jenna I wish you were in them, too! maybe there can be a "take your friend to class" day sometime :) I know you miss good old OU.

and I have never noticed that poster until yesterday! crazy. but yes, I like that side, too! (maybe not the front part of the room, though...)