Thursday, December 8, 2011

yes, I'm five

there are a plethora of topics that could fall under this title. I'm five because...after a long hard day sometimes all I want to do is call my mom. because I still love disney channel original movies, hsm, and hannah montana. because a few minutes ago I was singing this song in my head - I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart. where? down in my heart. where? down in my heart!

and the list could go on...

but what I meant was...I have a confession.

I love children's books.

no, but really. I really really love them. I have kind of a small obsession. a special place in my heart.

when I was younger, my momma would always read to us. arthur, little critters, berenstein bears, amelia bedelia, is your momma a llama (don't recognize this one? that's unfortunate) and the list goes on and on and on.

I've also been known to visit the children's section of barne's and noble on my lunch break.

my favorite stories? yep, you guessed it - tales of the christmas variety.

I blame this on my mother as well. every night during the christmas season she would let me choose a book out of our large christmas collection, sit on my bed, and soothe me to sleepyville by reading a story. I may or may not have chosen the polar express at least 50% of the time, but I'm also a fan of little critter's christmas, merry christmas strega nona, the year of the perfect christmas tree...etc. etc.

oh, another reason I'm five? I may or may not cuddle up on my parent's bed and beg my mom to read me a christmas story even now. still touches a place in my heart and warms me from the inside out.




cookie-making two years ago at the wolf  household. cookies and children's books = christmas bliss.

fun health fact: cranberry juice can help with a urinary tract infection (in women)

getting closer to christmas and spending time with fam jam!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Amelia Bedelia when I was little!!!