Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'll be home for christmas

today I get on a plane and fly to ohio. back to my family and childhood friends. back to familiar and cozy, comfortable and warm. I love these people so much - they love unconditionally and make me feel known, which might be one of the greatest parts of relationship ever.

sometimes, though, I get that little ache in my heart when I see all those I love that have become a "we" rather than a "me". this tends to hit at christmas, even when I am content and happy with where I am. even when I am learning and growing and trying to live the best adventure I can.

then I read this article last night and it was exactly what I needed to hear before heading home. I highly recommend it, no matter what your stage of life.

I am reminded of all that I do have, rather than what I do not. I am reminded of fabulous family to go home to, friends that make me laugh til I cry, and the best gift of all, the unearned love and sacrifice of my Savior.

and I am SO looking forward to christmas eve.

eating a delicious, momma-prepared meal...

watching this movie...

going to candlelight christmas eve service at my little home church...

and coming home and eating a buckeye and milk with my wonderful fam before bed.

so blessed.

Merry Christmas!


No comments: