Thursday, November 17, 2011

weakness and infomercials

on wednesday morning I felt an overwhelming sense of weakness. I felt tired and drained as if all the strength I had - physical & mental & emotional the like - had been sucked out of me. I literally trudged into my 5:30 a.m. body pump class and groaned to my dear friend who cheerily greeted me. seriously - who is cheery at 5:30 a.m.? morning people. sheesh.

ironic that I was at a class that is all about using your strength when I felt so weak? yeah, I thought so too.

the whole time I was trying to lift the heavy burden of my bar and weight, I just kept thinking, "I have no strength. I am so weak. I just can't do this right now."

as the day progressed post-YMCA, however, the word strong kept recurring. I can't recall all the times it was used, but I do know that it was used by others around me frequently, because each time I heard it I almost flinched. strong? as if it was being hammered into me. you see, all these times, it was being used to define me.

hailski wrote an e-mail that helped me remember who I am, and in her loving and kind words of encouragement, the first word in the list of adjectives was strong.

later in the evening when speaking with marci, she rallied my spirit and also started a slew of adjectives about our general awesomeness with strong.

maybe these words that were highlighted in my mind don't mean anything, but I don't really believe in coincidences. I think God is calling me to "woman-up".  you are my child. you may be weak, but my strength is made perfect in weakness. I make you strong. be the strong woman I know you are. the strong woman you are through Me.

some more poignant words were written by hailski that resounded with me a lot as I mulled them over again today...

...but tomorrow, pick yourself up and start fresh. Do not let this situation poison your spirit.

I can't even say anything to that except...bam. she's right.


in other random news...this morning at the Y I saw an infomercial that made me laugh out loud whilst on the elliptical. certainly my fellow exercisers thought I was a crazy person. but really...I want one of these...



you know you want one. a forever lazy. yep. that's what they're called, in case you haven't heard of them, which I'm sure you have, since "they're the latest trend at tailgating this season". if someone sees one of these being worn in public, please let me know. PUHLEASE. that needs to be documented. because if they're all the rage, I'm all for wearing a suit of fleece. sign.me.up.

No comments: