Tuesday, November 29, 2011

20-something days of christmas

I'm taking a break from studying for my tests tomorrow by thinking of christmas traditions and memories. I wonder if I can find a fun christmas photo every day from now until december 25...dare me to try? well here is one...



or maybe two...



everyone needs some christmas mice, right??

the first photo is emily (my seester) and I my freshman year/her senior year of college. I'm not sure how long the christmas mice tradition has been occuring, but you know you want to implement it. it's not really hard, and if you have an assembly line, it goes quite fast! to make the above adorable critters you simply:

make a batch of peanut butter cookie dough. shape into oval-like head shapes (yes, this is a technical term).

add two mini chocolate chips for the eyes, two peanut halves for the ears, a miniature green or red m&m for the nose, a small piece of edible holly (probably in your local grocer's sprinkle section) and place in the oven for instructed amount of time for said peanut butter cookies.

while mice are baking, cut and separate some twizzler pull-n-peel pieces into 1.5 inch (ish) pieces, and be ready to insert them into the mice as soon as they are removed from the oven. (em so creatively calls this part "inserting the 'anal probe'"). do this, and voila! you have christmas mice.

be warned, though - I didn't eat any the first two years we made them. it just seems wrong. you may feel the same way. or maybe not.

making various christmas treats is a bonding experience at the wolf household that always involves sneaking the dough and lots of giggles. are there special treats you make that a tradition in your family?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I should have saved my last comment for this post. :)