Monday, July 4, 2011

weekend exhaustion

this weekend was lovely. there's something so wonderful about being around people who know your past, where you've been. something that makes you feel like home and as though the years prior to where you are now actually matter. sometimes I forget this, having moved away from all who knew me my first 22 years of life. I love remembering. I love those friends. I love laughing til I cry.

from the weekend I picked up a few tidbits of advice, for future reference, to self:

-driving on the Friday of 4th of July weekend is a poor life choice.
-remember that GPSs are great, but they can't predict a wreck and/or traffic jam.
-never sit on any type of greenery/plant while wearing white shorts.
-your body isn't college-age anymore. don't try to treat it as such.

No comments: