Monday, October 17, 2011

excellent find

http://www.allyspotts.com/open-letter-to-men

I really appreciate this guest post by Darrell Vesterfelt on a blog that I might be a little in love with. maybe.
thank you Mr. Vesterfelt for this letter.

now I must get back to studying my endocrine system. well, not mine in particular, but THE endocrine system.

grateful for:
-antidiuretic hormone that allows my body to retain water when I am dehydrated
-oxytocin that will one day initiate labor if I ever am pregnant
-normal amounts of GH - as to prevent gigantism (I know, some people think this happened to me anyway), acromegaly, and pituitary dwarfism
-that my thyroid does not have any issues causing myxedema or Grave's disease
-the normal development of my immune system (thanks, thymosins!)

(yes, I am a nerd, and yes, I'm counting this as "studying" time for my test tomorrow)

No comments: