Wednesday, June 29, 2011

hands and feet

today I was feeling pensive...


random thoughts o the day (some elaborated more than others):


1. no matter how stressed out I may feel on any given day at work, I shall not forget that I work for a wonderful company. a company that employs amazing people, invests in my future and, most importantly, feeds me frequently. example: today there was an apple pie in the break room with a note saying to look in the freezer for ice cream. I like treasure hunts like this. yes, yes I WOULD like to look in the freezer.





2. shopping for a friend's lingerie shower is infinitely less fun without another friend that is invited to said event. it is also infinitely more embarrassing. dear Spencer's Gifts, you may have made this girl feel more uncomfortable today than she has felt in quite awhile. dear Victoria's Secret, thank you for having a much calmer, classier shopping environment. I can't tell you how much my sanity and I appreciate it.





3. some days I can totally see God lift me out of a pit, even against my own will. today He used some of His faithful servants to do so. an unexpected lunch date with a co-worker to help me gain a better perspective? thank you. an encouraging text from a friend when I feel as though gouging my eyes out is a positive alternative to looking at my computer screen anymore? many thanks again, God. an unexpected and awesome conversation with a friend while needing a study break? God, I'd like your address so I can send a thank you card. I am blessed beyond measure to have all these hands and feet of Christ in my life. can I say it again? can I ever say it enough? thank you Lord!





4. lastly, today I bought my first pair of TOMS, and I'm excited. somewhere, someone who didn't have shoes can now have a pair. andddd of course I get to wear a mega-awesome pair of shoes now, too. so, maybe, in a very small way, I was able to act as the hands and feet of my Lord for a short moment. a very short moment. and maybe a selfish moment, too, because those TOMS are cute...

No comments: